Max Vetter from the Baur au Lac in Switzerland is World's best receptionist 2021
Geneva, Switzerland - 25 April 2021 - Max Vetter from the Baur Au Lac in Zurich (Switzerland) wins the 2021 AICR World’s Best Receptionist! First runner-up becomes Vithya Subramaniam from Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, second runner-up is Lara Droege from Fairmont Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten in Hamburg (Germany).
With a 100% virtual competition over the past 8 months, and over 1,000 hotels worldwide able to submit their representatives, the International Association of Front Office Managers and Hotel Managers (AICR) have crowned the World’s Best Receptionist. The 12 national champions battled for the “David Campbell Trophy” in the international finals held in Geneva (CH). “The AICR World’s Best Receptionist has become a global competition and receptionists from all around the World are able to show their service skills,” explained Egidio Marcato, AICR Councillor and Chief Judge.
The competition format was created in 1995, and usually takes place face to face with a live role-play at the heart of the challenge. This year it has been redesigned to be 100% virtual. “Despite Covid-19, it’s fantastic that this competition has taken place,” Max Vetter said.
“Times have changed drastically, but we were not willing to accept that this will cut the opportunity for young talents in our industry to show their skills and shine on this platform,“ stated Arian Roehrle, AICR International President.
The AICR World’s Best Receptionist competition aims to find service excellence - no matter what hotel category and location, regardless of hotel company or hotel school, everyone can become part of the AICR and compete.
This year’s finalists were:
- AUSTRALIA - Lucy McNamara - Crown Metropol Melbourne
- AUSTRIA - Deborah Baranow - Park Hyatt Vienna
- CHINA - Jessica Lian - Student / Grand Hyatt Shanghai
- CÔTE D'AZUR - Antoine Pettier - Hotel Aston La Scala Nice
- GERMANY - Lara Droege - Fairmont Vier Jahreszeiten Hamburg
- ITALY - Nicolas Zalonis - Hotel Le Massif Courmayeur
- PARIS - Clémence Mauray - Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
- QATAR - Iveesha Chaudhary - Sheraton Grand Doha
- SINGAPORE – Vithya Subramaniam - Marina Bay Sands Singapore
- SWITZERLAND - Max Vetter - Baur au Lac Zurich
- UAE - Marie Therese Olaguer - Mandarin Oriental Jumeira Dubai
- UK - Katharina Maria Strasser - Gleneagles Hotel Auchterarder
Sign up free to join
Get full access to the hospitality industry news
Hotel effectiveness growth outpaces hotel industry recovery
Alaia Belize opens as the first Marriott International resort in Belize
Six private islands for a self isolated summer costing way less than the average London home
UNWTO, IE University, Sommet Education partner to accelerate Online Education
The road to reopening the UK: Will it be a green light for the travel industry?